Sunday, July 22, 2012

Zucchini & Cherry Tomato Pasta

        This is a dish I've seen around before however it was always served cold as a pasta salad type thing. Since I am not a fan of cold pasta and I had zucchini and tomatoes that needed eaten, I decided to make my own hot version of this dish.
        I started by getting out my wok (which I use to make just about everything) and throwing in about 4 table spoons of olive oil and 5 cloves of crushed garlic. Next, I cut up some onion and put that in with the spices Mural of Flavor, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. I don't have exact amounts for the spices because I just keep adding them every time I add more vegetables until I get the right amount of flavor.
        After the onions started to loose opacity I added 3 small zucchini chopped. While the zucchini is cooking add about a half cup of Parmesan cheese (give or take some depending on how much you like Parmesan). After adding the cheese put a cover on the pan and start cooking your noodles. Once the zucchini gets you can cut your cherry tomatoes in half and thrown them in for a couple minutes to get warm.  
        Once your noodles are cooked, strain them and throw them in with the veggies. You can add another half cup of Parmesan at this point and stir it all up. This makes a large amount of food so if you aren't feeding a lot of people definitely save the left overs! Since this dish is typically served cold you don't even have to heat up the left overs if you don't want to, my husband says it still tastes good either way.


Zucchini & Cherry Tomato Pasta
4 table spoons of olive oil
5 cloves of garlic
1 table spoon of Italian spices or spices of your choice
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
1 box of noodles (any kind you prefer but I usually use penne or rotini)
2 onions chopped
3 small zucchini sliced
1 entire container of fresh cherry tomatoes halved
Garlic powder (optional)
Mural of Flavor spices (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment