Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crazy Easy 3-Ingredient Strawberry Nutella Popcicles

    In case no one has noticed, this summer has been RIDICULOUSLY hot. Usually I enjoy the heat and gladly frolic around outside in the sun while most others are panting and sweating profusely in the shade. However, this summer has turned my energetic frolicking into barely crawling to the nearest place with a/c. So, in order to make an attempt at both cooling down and avoiding anything majorly unhealthy I tried my hand at making some low-effort, healthy, and tasty popsicles.

   First of all, it helps a lot to have a nice little popsicle mold. You could always do the classic popsicle sticks in the ice cube tray thing but who really is satisfied by an ice-cube sized popsicle? Not I! So I picked this cute lil thang up from the Dollar Tree and it was a dollar (plus tax) well spent.


     Okay now comes the fun part, the actual making of popsicles. No wait, I take that back, eating them is the fun part. This is the slightly annoying making process that involves actual effort and waiting a million years for the damn things to freeze. It helps a whole lot to have a blender, I'm sure there is a clever creative way to make them without one but since I have one I'm going to bypass the effort of Googling that info.
      So, take your blender out and in it throw about 1 3/4 to 2 cups of milk(depending on the size of your mold) in there. I use almond milk because it tastes better and is better for you! Plus, if you want to add booze to the mix it won't upset your stomach which is always a major bonus. Next you can cut up your strawberries and add them. Depending on how strong you want the strawberry flavor to be use 4-10 medium sized strawberries. I think I used 6 last time I made them and that seemed to be pretty good level of yumminess. Blend it depending on your desired level of strawberry chunkiness (I did it until it was completely smooth.)

   If you want to by-pass the Nutella because you want a low sugar popcicle or you have a nut allergy you can fill up your molds now and pop them in the fridge. If you want to bypass the Nutella because you don't like Nutella LEAVE THIS PAGE NOW, YOU ARE NOT HUMAN! Sorry, sorry, you can just add a little sugar instead of Nutella if you truly wish, no judgement here. I however, thought that the Nutella was a perfect substitute for sugar and so what I did was I spread a little bit on the insides of each empty mold.
    Okay so it isn't the most beautiful or clean looking thing in the world but trust me, it doesn't really matter how it looks at this point. Now you can go ahead and liberate the strawberry/milk mixture from the blender and pour it into the molds. (Or just forget the whole thing and eat mass quantities of Nutella straight from the jar.) Then you just add the sticks and freeze over night! 
    So that's it folks, 3 ingredients and you have yourself a super simple, easy, and delicious treat! To get the popsicles out of the mold just run hot water over the outside of it and when they look loose just twist and pull! 
  "It needs more muhtella." - Apollo

3-Ingredient Strawberry Nutella Popsicles
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups (adjust depending on mold size) of milk or almond milk(recommended)
- 4-10 medium sized strawberries (again depending on mold size and/or strawberry preference)
- Nutella (add as much or little as you like)

Add milk and cut strawberries to blender, blend until smooth. Spread Nutella on the inside of empty molds. Pour in strawberry/milk mixture and freeze for a few hours or overnight. Run outside of molds under hot water and twist/pull to get popsicles out. Eat one, realize it's pretty healthy and low-calories and then eat the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment